Amphibian Week was started in 2020 by the Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (PARC) and partners as a way to increase awareness about amphibians and to celebrate all things amphibian.
This year, Amphibian Week 2023 will be May 7-13, 2023! If you are interested in getting involved, please reach out to the PARC National Coordinators (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will be adding information every couple of weeks, so please check back for more content.
2023 Theme: Discovering Amphibians
- Sunday, May 7: Hidden Biodiversity
- Monday, May 8: Amazing Amphibian Skin
- Tuesday, May 9: Eat and be eaten- predators, prey, and beyond
- Wednesday, May 10: Amphibian Communication
- Thursday, May 11: Throwback Thursday: Amphibians Through Time
- Friday, May 12: Amphibian Arts and Culture
- Saturday, May 13: Action for Amphibians
Social Media Toolkit
Are you looking for ideas and/ or inspiration for posts? If so, we will provide a social media toolkit which will include sample posts you can copy and paste, photo sources, and more! Be sure to use our official Amphibian Week hashtags and consider tagging PARC!
Are you in need of images to use on social media?! If so, check out our free media images here. Additional graphics will be added as Amphibian Week gets closer.
Meet An Amphibian Biologist- Videos Wanted!
Calling All Amphibian Biologists! Do you study amphibians? Do you want people to know how amazing they are, and why you do what you do? If so, join PARC in celebrating a diversity of amphibians and the people who study them by recording a short video to be shared on PARC’s social media platforms during Amphibian Week 2023, May 7-13.
Please use this PDF form to find out more about the Amphibian Biologist video request and submission guidelines. Please submit videos by April 21, 2023.
Amphibian Art Contest!
Calling all K-12 students in the United States and its territories! Show us how you discovered amphibians by participating in our Amphibian Week 2023 Art Contest. We’re looking for original artwork (not computer generated) from K-12 students residing in the United States to highlight amphibian species. Art entries must be original work, must incorporate the theme ‘Discovering Amphibians,’ and must include 1-2 sentences written by the student on how they discovered amphibians. All artwork will be uploaded as a picture via a Google Form by a parent or legal guardian.
For this contest, we will have four entry catergories:
- Grades K-2 students
- Grades 3-5 students
- Grades 6-8 students
- Grades 9-12 students
Winners will be eligible to receive amphibian-themed prizes. All winning entries will also be posted on the Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (PARC) website and social media pages. All contestants will be emailed a digital certificate for participating in the contest.
- The Amphibian Week 2023 Art Contest is free and open to students in grades K-12 (aged 5-18 years old) within the United States and its territories. No purchase is necessary to participate. Immediate family members of PARC officers, coordinators, or anyone involved in the operation or judging of the contest are not eligible.
- Only one entry is allowed per student.
- Entries must be submitted by the student’s parent or legal guardian.
- Must be original artwork. Entries that are generated via Artificial Intelligence (AI), contain logos, or copyrighted imagery will be disqualified.
- Must include the theme Discovering Amphibians.
- Must include 1-2 Sentences on how the student discovered Amphibians.
- Entries must abide by these contest rules and be submitted by 11:59 pm ET on Wednesday April 5th, 2023.
- Entries will be judged based upon artistic skill, creativity, and theme integration. Judges will be selected by PARC. Decisions of the judges will be final.
- Winning entries will be selected by early May. Winners will be notified by email.
Submit student artwork via Google Form here.
Amphibian Week Events
Let’s get hopping! If you are holding events, either in-person or online, we want to help advertise them for you. If you have an event that you would like us to add to the Amphibian Week 2023 map, please fill out the information below. All events will be added to the Amphibian Week Padlet shown below. If you would like to add your event(s), please fill out the form here.