Amphibian Week was started in 2020 by the Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (PARC) and partners as a way to increase awareness about amphibians and to celebrate all things amphibian. It is celebrated annually the first full week of May.
Mark your calendars for our Amphibian Week 2024 celebration! This year’s theme will be Extreme Athletes: Amphibian Edition. We’ll celebrate May 5-11th, 2024. As content is developed, we will add it here. So, keep checking back! If you would like to receive periodic Amphibian Week updates, please fill out our interest form here.
2024 Daily Themes
- Sunday, May 5: Opening Ceremony
- Monday, May 6: Training and Warm Up Day
- Tuesday, May 7: Aquatics
- Wednesday, May 8: Gymnastics
- Thursday, May 9: Track and Field
- Friday, May 10: Awards Ceremony: Focus on Amphibian Allies
- Saturday, May 11: Closing Ceremony: Actions for Amphibians
Social Media Toolkit
Are you looking for ideas and/ or inspiration for posts? If so, we will provide a social media toolkit which will include sample posts you can copy and paste, photo sources, and more! Be sure to use our official Amphibian Week hashtags and consider tagging PARC!
Are you in need of images to use on social media?! If so, we will provide sample graphics for you to use as Amphibian Week gets closer. Look for the toolkit and pictures in March 2024!
2024 K-12 Art Contest
Love to create art? If so, hop on over to our Amphibian Week 2024 Art Contest! We’re looking for original artwork (not computer generated) from K-12 students residing in the United States to highlight amphibian athletes as we celebrate the extreme types of amphibians found around the world! Students are encouraged to select a real amphibian, research its adaptations, and create original artwork that shows off its athletic skills. All entries must include 1-2 sentences written by the student on why they chose their amphibian athlete. All artwork will be uploaded as a picture via a Google Form by a parent or legal guardian.
For this contest, we will have five entry categories:
- Grades K-1 students
- Grades 2-3 students
- Grades 4-5 students
- Grades 6-8 students
- Grades 9-12 students
The top three winners in each entry category will be eligible to receive amphibian-themed prizes. All winning entries will also be posted on the Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (PARC) website and social media pages. All contestants will be emailed a digital certificate for participating in the contest.
- The Amphibian Week 2024 Art Contest is free and open to students in grades K-12 (aged 5-18 years old) within the United States and its territories. No purchase is necessary to participate. Immediate family members of PARC officers, coordinators, or anyone involved in the operation or judging of the contest are not eligible.
- Only one entry is allowed per student.
- Entries must be submitted by the student’s parent or legal guardian.
- Must be original artwork and can be 2D or 3D. Entries that are generated via Artificial Intelligence (AI), contain logos, or copyrighted imagery will be disqualified.
- Must include the theme Amphibian Athletes.
- Must feature an actual amphibian species from anywhere around the world. Prehistoric amphibian species are eligible to highlight, too.
- Must include amphibian species featured and 1-2 Sentences on why they chose their amphibian athlete on the Google form.
- No names, logos, or identifying features should be placed on the front of the artwork.
- Entries must abide by these contest rules and be submitted by 11:59 pm ET on Wednesday April 3rd, 2024.
- Entries will be judged based upon artistic skill, creativity, and theme integration. Judges will be selected by PARC. Decisions of the judges will be final.
- Winning entries will be selected by early May. Winners will be notified by email.
Submit student artwork via Google Form here.
Let’s get hopping! If you are holding events, either in-person or online, we want to help advertise them for you. If you have an event that you would like us to add to the Amphibian Week 2024 map, please fill out the information below. All events will be added to the Amphibian Week Padlet shown below. If you would like to add your event(s), please fill out the form here. You can also see a list of events here.
Save-the-date! We will host several official Amphibian Week events, and we hope that you will consider hosting your own, too! For education and outreach ideas, check out our page here.
- May 4th: Q?rius kick off event
- May 5th: National Zoo Event
- May 6th: Washington DC Event